Wednesday 5 February 2014

Wrapping up Australia

Poinciana or Flame Tree in subtropical Queensland.


I am  starting this blog as I prepare to leave Australia again. This time I have been here 2 1/2 months. While here I have reflected on my first trip to this country 40 years ago and how my life may have been different had I stayed then. 



As on most trips to Brisbane I have visited the little worker's cottage, built a century or  more ago and still standing in the inner city suburb of Spring Hill. It was my home when I first arrived in Brisbane in the early 1970s.

Inner city cottage, my old home in Brisbane.

In Australia I love the vegetation, some native like the eucalyptus and some, like the Poinciana or Flame Tree, introduced from elsewhere.

One of Australia's many species of eucalyptus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment